1- living more as Christ. I thrive to grow closer to Jesus, to die to myself so that He may change me. I wish to be a tool in His hand, a servant to His people. I want to live life with purpose, diligence, forgiveness, and repentance. I love the description of the proverbs 31 woman. These are the virtues i with to live daily:
- Faith – A Virtuous Woman serves God with all of her heart, mind, and soul. She seeks His will for her life and follows His ways.
- Marriage – A Virtuous Woman respects her husband. She does him good all the days of her life. She is trustworthy and a help mate.
- Mothering – A Virtuous Woman teaches her children the ways of her Father in heaven. She nurtures her children with the love of Christ, disciplines them with care and wisdom, and trains them in the way they should go.
- Health – A Virtuous Woman cares for her body. She prepares healthy food for her family.
- Service – A Virtuous Woman serves her husband, her family, her friends, and her neighbors with a gentle and loving spirit. She is charitable.
- Finances – A Virtuous Woman seeks her husband’s approval before making purchases and spends money wisely. She is careful to purchase quality items which her family needs.
- Hard Working – A Virtuous Woman works willingly with her hands. She sings praises to God and does not grumble while completing her tasks.
- Homemaking – A Virtuous Woman is a homemaker. She creates an inviting atmosphere of warmth and love for her family and guests. She uses hospitality to minister to those around her.
- Time – A Virtuous Woman uses her time wisely. She works diligently to complete her daily tasks. She does not spend time dwelling on those things that do not please the Lord.
- Beauty – A Virtuous Woman is a woman of worth and beauty. She has the inner beauty that only comes from Christ. She uses her creativity and sense of style to create beauty in her life and the lives of her loved ones.
2- Eat healthier. While I’m not under the illusion of being able to cut all junk food, processed food, anything containing high fructose corn syrup from my diet and that of my family. Which ties into my second goal
3- It is my desire to create a 31 day menu full of clean wholesome food. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Snacks. I read a great post called Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half: Tips and Tricks by Blissful and Domestic (she’s got some awesome stuff to share, I love her Blog if you haven’t checked her out you need to!:)) on saving on our grocery bill by having a monthly menu and only shopping once a month. It really works! Go and check her out she has so many wonderful tips!! I had great success with this last year for a few months, until a decided it was time to eat healthier, more fruits and vegetables, brown rice, quinoa, steal oats. The list goes on and on. Problem was I didn’t have this stuff on hand as part of my staples fruits and vegetable;es wont keep for the whole month. My plan is to break it down into weeks. I hope to be able to only go shopping twice a month. As it happens we’ve also have been working on saving a year supply of food (another goal) so we don’t have to eat though the stuff we have (waste not!!) We do however have to stock up on new staples!
4- Stock up on a years supply if food! Yes it’s allot but the time are crazy and we don’t see the economy getting better. I plan on gathering for a month then two and so on. I’ve read lots of helpful blogs and articles on how to go about this. I need to complete my master list and gather more containers. I’m concerned on how I’m going to store up a reasonable about of water, 8 gallons a day for 1 person for 5 people. Yah it add up quick!
5- To finally completely organize my home and life. I love having things in order since moving into or new home we just don’t have the space we used to. While I love the home God had blessed us with it has been a challenge for me to find a home for everything. (my favorite rule, everything had to have a home) Really going through or stuff and saying do I really needs heavy winter coats?!? When it’s -10° and windy I think I need more, but seriously I only use 2 one for play and my nice one. but what about all my jackets….?? Every time I get one room how I like our I end up with a pile that needs a new place! It’s defiantly been a work in progress but after 3 years I finally feel like I made some progress!!
6- Exercise regularly! I used to be so good at keeping my routine, doing my palates, going for walks. Since having Miss Maggie it’s been so hard getting back into it! I simply can’t put out of any longer! I have a baby pouch to work off and a 30th birthday I want to kick in the but!! I started walking in the morning for a while last year before the cold hit and I let it steal my motivation, no more!! (plus I can’t afford to by all new clothes!! lol)
These are the goals I have set. I’m determined to not just better myself but let God change me. I’ll be posting more one each of these individually. Thanks for reading. I’d love to hear your thought, or any great ideas you do to help in any of these areas:)